Sunday, April 4, 2010

Dandruff

As far as dandruff goes- it is something I have had for as long as I can remember. Though the only times I am able to get a handle on it is when I use Melaluca "original shampoo". Some thing I learned in beauty school is that the store brands of dandruff shampoo actually contain tar. The tar acts as a sealent to the dandruff creating symptoms very similar to a babies "craddle cap".

A lot of times people don't have dandruff, but product build up instead. Melaluca or "tea tree oil" is a natural solvent that disolves the build up. It is also moisturizer, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal. Eucalyptus and any of the mint oils help with dandruff. Melaluca the company sells a product called Original Shampoo. I buy it in the 32 oz size- just the most economical. It is 24.50 for people who aren't members and $16.99 for people who are (about $30 for a membership fee- I can show you how to sign up if your interested). It really is the best thing I have ever found. Then, when you get this shampoo, If you think its not working- you can go to a co-op and purchase a good quality eucalyptus and mint oil and add them to your shampoo. The only thing that I have found that comes close to Melalucas shampoo is Paul Mitchells Tea Tree shampoo(economy size 17 oz for $30). It is not as good, but it is the closest second I have ever found. I have tried every store shampoo with tea tree and never found one that works.

1 comment:

  1. So what about people that don't use product but have SUPER bad dandruff? (My Hubby has the worst dandruff of any person I've ever met and the only thing that helps is a prescription shampoo, but he won't go get the prescription because he thinks dandruff is a dumb reason to go to the doctor.) Was that sentence too long for ()?

    ReplyDelete